The Bad Wrap / Taboo that Gay Saunas/Bath Houses get






I could not resist writing this.

Why does the bath house / gay sauna get such a bad wrap/stigma. Especially in the USA.
Every time i read forum/internet about saunas, i read about std hives and unsafe and dirty practices.
As if dating guys from Grindr and other apps does not expose you too std...i think if new research would be done due to incredible popularity of guys hooking up over apps, that risk of getting std has risen as well, and that you should be carefull/safe/and test regularly no matter what.

I understand due to the 80s aids epidemic and popularity of the Baths/Saunas hiv was spread rapidly and relentlessly...
Growing up in the late eighties/early nineties, i was well aware and scared of Aids, i still am!
However i educated myself to prevent catching HIV. It was actually very simple! Unfortunately our gay brothers from generation before us, were not aware of this. Not to ignore and let there cries of awareness go to vain, I strive for Safe Sex for everybody...and do notice that encounters I have had, that 99% of the time never gave possibility to Unsafe sex. Only once, many many years ago, when i was new to the sauna, and this guy he wanted to fuck me and i was explaining that i dont like it so much and I have not much experience, however he hoped that by saying/asking to fuck me without a condom I would say YESS...just shove it in...?!!! Unbelievable... but otherwise guys whipped out condoms quicker than i could decid if i wanted to (get) fuck(ed) or not... so for me the unsafe factor linked to Baths/Saunas that people talk about is strange/foreign to me.

I was and still are amazed that many guys around the world, in any circumstance, are not willing to abide to these simple safe sex rules, that can keep you healthy (from catching hiv) and live longer, and enjoy life and men and sex even longer...

Don't get me wrong, I know unsafe sex takes place in the world... when i did online dating i was shocked by the amounts of guys were saying about safe sex practicing: when appropriate/ for discussion, or leaving it open etc... like what do you mean ? Crazy... but maybe the way i cruise in the sauna,my demeanor keeps the unsafe guys away, as i do not go into the hardcore pitch black dark corners ? LOL...i don't know...

Oh well... so here in Europe i have seen beautiful saunas, yes they are not exclusively habitated by guys who look like James Franco or Brad Pitt or the cute Frank Ocean..and yes due to internet dating/apps you don't have to go to the sauna/baths... so its less popular... but it has been a lot of fun.. just do you homework, research reviews of the sauna, check their website very good and pictures...and give it a go.

Also bring your own favorite condoms and lube, always found it weird that people put their health and safety in the hands of some kind of free condoms offered in some bowl on a table or something and complain if they have to pay for condoms!!! COME ON DUDES: Do yourself and your health a favor and buy your own favorite and best condoms and bring them with you. It makes you feel more secure/better and safe...and probably hornier... ;-))
 I have a small ankle sportband that carries my most favorite condoms/lube...and I whip them out when i am in a room with a lovely slurpy yummie dicked guy... and they love it that you are well prepared with high quality condoms ;-))... in my case it resulted in some extra good pounding ;-p

Anyways my point is take your pleasure and health in your own hands....(or mouth), check the real good hiv prevention websites what is safe or not, and have fun. Yes if you have a busy sexlife, regularly test... easy as 1, 2, 3...

Luckily i noticed that many are tired of only dating/hooking up through apps/internet, and re-discovering saunas. Especially in big cities. Many Youngster Days and special pricing lure the young guys (who sometimes visit with many friend/groups) to hang out and sometimes have fun in the Sauna. I do notice that they don't cruise much when there, it almost looks like a social gathering... which is fun also! Good on that...times change and evolve.

However I do get dissappointed on the internet about stigma about Saunas/Baths...
If you do research and selection of saunas, you can find beautiful facilities in which you hopefully get to meet attractive guys... i did...and having a lot of SAFE fun is in your own hands...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London: Pleasuredome Sauna

Why I love Gay Saunas / Bath Houses